Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicines have been used for well over 3000 years (arguably up to 4000+ years) to treat hundreds of conditions. 3000 years of clinical efficacy is strong scientific evidence for the use of acupuncture and Chinese medicine as a complete medical system. These are some common conditions treated with Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicines:
- Chronic and Acute Pain – back, neck, knees, shoulders, etc.
- Immune/Auto-immune Disorders – CFIDS (chronic fatigue), fibromyalgia, RA, Psoriasis, MS, Chrons Disease, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- Mold & Environmental Toxicity – treatment of mold toxins, mold infections, breast implant toxins, heavy metal toxicity, etc.
- Digestive Health – nausea, diarrhea/constipation, IBS, Ulcerative Colitis, etc.
- Women’s Health – infertility, menopause, menstrual/PMS, etc.
- Lifestyle Changes – weight loss, quitting smoking, alcohol/drug dependence, etc.
- Neuro-endocrine Disorders – hyperthyroid/hypothyroid, adrenal fatigue, Chorea, Parkinson disease, Diabetes, Graves, Addison, etc.
- Stress & Stress Related Conditions – migraines/headaches, tension, insomnia, etc.
- Dermatological Conditions – eczema, contact dermatitis, impetigo, etc.
- Mental/Emotional Conditions – depression, anxiety, PTSD, SAD/GAD, etc.
- and more…
More information on Three Pillars Acupuncture services and rates
More information from a 1998 World Health Organization (WHO) report on evidence based practices in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine is available here